In this article, you will be able to very easily know ‘How to change Background in Zoom’. In these testing times, most of our events are happening online through zoom. Be it online classes, virtual office meetings, virtual court hearings, etc, zoom has hosted each one of them. Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing tool that lets you host virtual one-on-one or team meetings easily. With powerful audio, video, and collaboration features, this remote communication tool connects remote team members.
Zoom’s key features include: HD video chat and conferencing. The app has gained more attention and downloads in the past years, as everything turned online. It is an absolutely free app to download and anyone can download it. This article will detail how to change a background in zoom along with answering some additional questions also. It will also brief you about what is zoom, how to use it etc.
One of the most interesting features of the zoom app is its virtual background. This app allows you to change your video background. It is one of the coolest features as you no more have to arrange your cluttered room for a meeting. Further, the urgent meetings won’t bother you anymore, just because your room is messy.
The app itself allows 30+ virtual backgrounds, depending on the type of meeting you are in. From a conference hall as a background to the Northern Lights, Zoom’s virtual backgrounds are pure bliss. Apart from these default backgrounds, you can also add backgrounds of your own.
How to Use Zoom App?
Using the zoom app is an effortless task. The app’s interface is quite simple and familiar and anybody, from a 16-year-old to a 56-year-old can learn to use it. Here is a step-wise guide to using the zoom app.
1. Install the zoom app from this link.
2. After the installation is done, open the app.
3. Zoom will ask you to enter your Date of Birth, enter it, also if you are younger than 16 years, you can create an account only for school purposes.
4. Create an account by clicking on sign-in.
5. You can choose to create an account using Facebook, Google, etc.
6. That’s all, your zoom account is set. Now click on Join a Meeting and enter details of the meeting to join it.
7. You can also host a meeting by Clicking on Schedule a meeting.
How to Change Background in Zoom?
As stated above, virtual backgrounds in zoom are pure bliss. It is also an effortless task to change the background of your meeting. Always remember, that when you choose to change the virtual background in a meeting, it will only be applied to your video and not for everyone, even if you are the host. So let us see a step-wise guide to change the background in a meeting.
1. In Desktop App
Adding a virtual background to a desktop is an effortless task and comparatively easier than the android one. So let us see how we can do that.
1. Open your zoom app and click on the Settings option in the top right corner of the app.
2. Click on Backgrounds and Filters.
3. Then click on Virtual Backgrounds and the list will appear.
4. If you have a green screen, check the box that says ‘I have a green screen’. Choose the background of your choice.
5. If you are already in a meeting and want to change the background click on the icon beside your video option.
6. Then Click on Virtual Backgrounds and choose.
2. In Mobile Phone
In a mobile phone, you can change the virtual background only during a meeting and not otherwise.
1. Open the zoom app and join the meeting and click on the arrow beside the Start Video option.
2. Click on virtual backgrounds.
3. If you have a green screen, check the box that says ‘I have a green screen‘. Select the background of your own choice.
4. You can also add a beauty filter, but only during a meeting. Click on the arrow beside Start Video.
5. Click on Video Settings and select My video.
6. Check the box that says Touch up my appearance and you are good to go.
How to Add a Background of Your Own?
If you are not satisfied with the range of backgrounds provided by zoom because of any reason, you can add a background of your own. You can add a more natural background or a background you think is apt for the type of beachyspharmacy.com meeting you are attending. Here is how you can add a background of your own.
1. Open the app and reach till virtual backgrounds following the above-mentioned steps, depending on the type of device you are using.
2. You can see a plus sign near it. Click on it.
3. Select the image you want to use from your device.
So, this is how you can add a background in your zoom meetings. You can also add some cool filters using the same option of backgrounds and filters. So if the meeting is not a formal one but instead a fun one, go for some cool filters and backgrounds. The process of adding these backgrounds is just slightly different on desktop and mobile phones.
Rest the whole process is the same. So change the backgrounds accordingly and get away with messy rooms and people wandering behind you in a meeting. Lastly, we hope we were able to aid you and clear all your barriers regarding how to change a background in zoom. We also hope you find this article worth reading and in case of any query do let us know in the comments and we will be glad to address them.