There are times when you were doing something with your phone and suddenly you see all the contact in your phone is deleted. This happens when the phone has fallen from a large height, or you tried rooting your device for something. After this happens, people usually get worried as they had also lost some very important contacts on their phone. Now the good news is that you can restore your old contacts on any Android device. We shall see in this article how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android? There are several ways by which you can restore lost contacts in your phone.
If you are also facing the same problem then you are at the right place. We shall be discussing several ways by which you can restore all your lost deleted contacts. I will be listing several methods, you can choose the one which you find most convenient. All these processes are very simple and can be done in few easy steps. So now let us see how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android.
How to Restore Lost or Deleted Contacts on Android?
There are several methods by which you can restore the deleted contacts. These methods are very simple and can be implemented in few easy steps. All of these methods are no cheats and hacks, they are completely legit and there will be nothing wrong if you try implementing them. So here are the methods to restore lost or deleted contacts.
1. Using Gmail
There is nothing to worry about if you have deleted your contacts by mistake. You can restore these deleted contacts using your Gmail account. This can happen only if your Android device is synced with your contact and you have done a backup within 30 days. If it is synced then you can simply resync the contacts. Below I am going to talk about how you can restore the deleted contacts.
- First of all, go to Google contacts and log into your Gmail account.
- After that click on “More” and then click on “Restore Contacts”.
- Select the time to restore the contacts.
- After that go ahead and select the backup you want to restore and then click on Restore.
- Then resync the google contact with Google account by going to the settings of your phone.
- Click on the accounts options and then click on Google.
- After that, click on More.
- Next click on Sync all.
This is how you can restore deleted contacts on your Android device using the Gmail account.
2. Rectify the settings of the Contact
Sometimes, the contact stops showing even when you have not done anything with your phone. This is happening because the settings of the contact have changed. This may happen without any reason. Below is the process to rectify the settings.
- Firstly, go to the contact app on the Android device.
- Then go ahead and click on the more option.
- Several menus shall appear from that, click on the settings.
- After the settings open up, go on to select contacts on display.
- In the contacts on the display window, select the option of “All Contacts”.
Now all the contacts should show up. This is one of the things which you should take care of.
3. Use Android Apps to Recover Contacts
Several reliable Android apps are present in the PlayStore which can recover your contacts. For this, you do not require any kind of rooting of your device. Many of them are very reliable and you can also definitely use them. In these apps, you can recover your contacts using few easy steps. Apart from that, your device does not need any rooting. You just have to install it and start using it.
Below let me tell you some of the most reliable apps:
It is one of the most reliable android software for recovering the contacts in your phone. With this, the app you can recover any kind of data like photos, contact on your phone. You can recover all or can also selectively recover any data in your phone. It has the highest rate of recovering the data.
EaseUS Mobisaver is one of the best software to recover your deleted data. It is very user-friendly and you can retrieve your data using very few steps. In this app, you can get support from its service centers anytime. You can also get free updates in this app.
Dr. Fone is one of the most reliable apps for recovering the data which has been deleted from your Android phone. Through this app, you can recover any kind of data like photos, contacts, files, etc. It efficiently restores the contact in your phone also. Apart from that this app has a very friendly UI.
When it comes to reliable apps for recovering contacts, Tenorshare is another well-known name. In this app, you can easily retrieve your contacts without much fuss. You can use it on a lot of devices. It does not have such restrictions.
4. Recovering Deleted Contact using Droidkit
I am discussing how to recover your contact using the Droidkit. Below, I am listing down the procedure.
- First of all download and install the Droidkit app.
- After that click on Quick recovery from the options which is available.
- Then go on to select the Contact option, after that click on start.
- After that go ahead and connect the Android device to your desktop.
- Wait for the scanning to take place.
- After that, you can select the thing you want to recover.
- Click on the “To device” button and the contacts will be restored to your phone.
This is how you can retrieve contacts using Tenorshare.
5. Check the Android Device Database
If your phone is not formatted, then there is another way you can get your contacts back. You just have the database of your phone. Generally, the database is located in the address
Now you have to install SQL lite to extract the providers. contacts/databases in your phone. This method requires rooting.
I hope you understood how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android. All methods are pretty simple and you can choose the most convenient one. I have also listed several Android apps that can help you regain your lost contacts. You can choose the app, which you feel is reliable and start retrieving your contact.