Airpods were one of the most favorite products when they were released. It was for the first time people saw wireless earphones. It was a very unique product and so a lot of Apple fans started buying it. Many tech-savvy people were delighted by this product and started experimenting with it. A lot of them were interested in the range of distance they worked. What shall be the maximum distance where it shall stop working? So now we shall be seeing how far can AirPods be away from phones?
This interesting aspect of the AirPods will be discussed in detail in this article. We shall not only know about “how far can AirPods be away from the phone?” but also see many other things. If you are new to using AirPods or you have just got the AirPods then this article is definitely for you. Some parts of this article will help you understand the gadget better. So let us start discussing this article fast.
Key Features of AirPods
Before we go ahead and see how far can AirPods be away from phones and still work. Below, we shall be talking about the key features of AirPods:
- As AirPods are wireless, you can use them to listen to music, podcasts, and many other things even when you are not near your phone. Not only that there is no chance of tangling with the wire.
- The Apple AirPods have a capacity of up to 5 hours when it is fully charged. If you are handling a call continuously then they can last for up to 3 hours.
- You do not need the phone screen to use the various features of the phone. With a simple tap, you can use its features. You can pick up a call while listening to music. You can also see the weather and can do all these without the phone.
How Far can AirPods be away from Phone?
Now coming to the main question about how far will the Airpods work. The medium operating distance is between 30 to 60 feet. In meters, these parameters are between 10 to 18 meters. Now to understand the range better, let me discuss the optimal range and the Maximum range.
1. Optimal Range and the Maximum Range
To understand the range thing in more detail let us look at two more terms. These two terms are the Optimal range and Maximum range. Understanding these two terms will make it more detailed for you. Now optimal distance is the distance in which the AirPods should work properly. The maximum distance is the distance after which the audio will stop. After you cross this distance, you will no longer be able to hear any audio.
So if you are interested in knowing that in which range can we hear the audio very properly, then you want to know about the optimal distance. The optimal distance is much less than 10 m and somewhere in between. Within that distance, you will not face any connectivity issues.
Some people have a different interest, they want to know about the maximum distance up to which the signals will keep coming. Here you are trying to know about the maximum distance after which the audio will stop coming. Apple has stated that their AirPods can work up to a distance of 10 to 18 meters.
After this distance, the AirPods will not catch the audio of the phone. In many cases, people have practically tried using the AirPods at a distance of more than 10 -18m. To their surprise, they saw that the AirPods do work much beyond 18 meters. This looks like an anomaly but it is very true. Now there is no detailed information from an official source regarding this phenomenon.
Another thing was noticed that the newer phones had more range than the older phones. AirPods can be connected to any device of Apple which has Bluetooth compatibility.
After looking at various scenarios, I can say that it will safe to take the maximum distance of 18 meters. According to my personal experience, I can take the optimal distance as 5-8 meters. This is a lot of distance and you are free to move around within a huge amount of range.
How to Connect AirPods?
AirPods are a unique kind of earphones. It connects with the Apple device to do several functions such as hearing any music, picking up a call, talk to Siri. If you have bought the AirPods very recently, here is some bonus information for you. Over here we shall be talking about how you can connect AirPods to your phone. Below, I am going to talk about how you can connect it to your device.
1. Connect AirPods to Apple device
Below, I have listed the method to connect AirPods to Apple devices.
- First of all, make sure that your phone is updated to the latest version of the software.
- After that, you need to put those headphones near your phone.
- You will now have to unlock your phone.
- As soon as you do it, you will see an animation where it will show that the phone is in process of pairing.
- The process of pairing happens automatically
2. Connect AirPods to Android Device
Below, I am going to talk about how you can connect AirPods to Android:
- First, open your Android device and switch on your Bluetooth.
- Then go ahead and open the led of your AirPods and press the button below.
- A LED light should flash, this indicates that it is connected.
How Can you Talk to Siri?
To talk to SIRI, you need to do the following. If you have a newer Apple device, you need to say “Hey Siri” to activate it. But if you have an older device, you need to double-tap on your AirPods.
Also Read: 5 MacBook Problems You Might be Facing Often
Hope you got to the answer to the question how far can AirPods be away from the phone? The distance given in this article is given taking into consideration some standard conditions. You might find your Airpods working beyond that distance or have stopped working much before that. I have also mentioned earlier that the newer device are having more range and the older devices have lesser range. Hope you are satisfied with the information.