We are delighted if you are switching from your older phone to a new phone. Switching to a new phone is a great experience for everyone. Whether it is happening for the younger generation or, the older generation, the happiness of using a new phone is equal for both.
But if your WhatsApp messages are deleted, then this happiness can be ruined in a few seconds. This can be not very pleasant to someone if the message you are looking for is critical. But we are here to help you recover deleted WhatsApp messages.
To recover the deleted messages, you first need to ensure that the chat back option on your Whatsapp in your previous phone was kept on. Otherwise, this could be a very hectic process to recover the message.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If the chat backup was kept on, then the process to recover deleted messages is straightforward. These are some steps you need to follow.
1. How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On An Android/iPhone
- Uninstall WhatsApp from the Android phone or iPhone.
- Reinstall WhatsApp and set it up again with your previous phone number.
- Once the application is set up, you will get a brief requesting that you restore messages from a cloud backup.
- This backup will take place from Google Drive on Android and iCloud on iOS. Tap Restore.
- This will import the messages that you had unintentionally erased.
So if you have mistakenly deleted the messages or you are switching to another phone, you can follow these steps.
An important thing we should let you know is that we have tested this method to restore deleted WhatsApp chats and this has worked for us. But this method involves uninstalling WhatsApp and restoring from the most recent backup. There might be a case where you can lose some messages between the time of your last backup and accidentally deleted chat.
But when you are doing the restoring of messages, please make sure that you have a WiFi connection, so that your daily data is not consumed completely.
2. How To Turn On The Chat Backup in an Android Phone
To turn on chat backup,
- Open WhatsApp,
- Go to Settings
- Go to Chats
- Tap on Chat backup.
Here, you can choose the backup frequency option from daily, weekly, monthly, or you can also select ‘never’. Moreover, you’ll need to choose the Google account where you want the backup to be stored.
3. How To Turn On The Chat Backup in an iPhone
If you are using an Apple iPhone, then these are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Settings in WhatsApp
- Then, Chats
- Chat Backup, where you can select the Backup frequency from options like daily, weekly, etc. And you can also use a feature like Back Up Now to manually starting the backup to iCloud where the data is stored of an iPhone user.
How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages Using Softwares
- iMyFone D-Back provides an option to recover the WhatsApp messages on Andriod (iMyFone D-Back (Android)) as well as iOS devices (iMyFone D-Back).
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery is the same kind of software. This also helps in recovering messages for iOS- and Android-Smartphones.
We know how hard it is for someone if important messages are lost, but we have provided you with the most trusted methods of recovering the deleted messages of WhatsApp. Although we would like to clarify one thing, that is some of the online software can we paid for, so if you want to proceed, do it at your own risk. They might charge you a good amount for the program of recovering the message.
We also want our readers to constantly check their chat backup option, so that if by mistake you have done something wrong with the option, please go and check it immediately. So that any of the important messages, contact detail, or some important document can be recovered in case you delete it from WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Do you always need a third-party app?
Answer 1. No, provided you have a backup of your chat history. In this case, you need not download any other app from the store.
Question 2. How much data can be recovered?
Answer 2. It could be anything from KBs to GBs. But you should have the backup of the messages in your Google account or in iCloud.
So, we have also covered some messages, so that all the things can be very clear to you. Although, if you still have some doubt regarding the issue of recovering the deleted messages, you can drop a comment below, we will look into the matter, as soon as possible. And at last, we also want to aware you of some useless applications available in the App Store and Play Store, please don’t trust any application immediately; you can look for their reviews available in the store or on the internet.