iFunia Free YouTube Downloader is a free utility for downloading YouTube videos in miscellaneous formats and qualities on Mac. It declares support for MP4, 3GP, and WebM formats. The video quality can be set from 360p to 1536p.
iFunia YouTube Downloader, as the vast majority of similar freebie apps, has drawbacks that many users don’t want to deal with, varying from its inability to extract audio from movies to random glitches. So, if you had misfortune with this software and no longer want to deal with zero videos downloaded, get to know the most popular iFunia free Youtube downloader alternatives Mac users
rely on nowadays.
Airy: number one alternative to iFunia
With its easy-to-use interface, rock-solid stability and amazing features, this software stands deservedly at the head of our list of iFunia alternatives for Mac. This YouTube downloader not only supports 4K and 8K Ultra HD videos but can also quickly and effortlessly download any movie from YouTube with just one click.
Basic capabilities and benefits of Airy:
- MP3 and movies bulk download;
- Support for HD and Full HD videos;
- Downloading entire YouTube channels and playlists in one click;
- Saving of private and age-restricted videos.
To be able to access all the powerful features of Airy, do the following:
- First, download Airy on your Mac. Activate its full version. The trial version lets you download two YouTube clips.
- Enter the URL of a YouTube video, channel or playlist you’d like to download into Airy main window.
- Select the file format to save the movie(s). If you only want to download the audio track, choose MP3. Remark: The more clips you download simultaneously, the more time it may consume.
- Lastly, click “Download”.
Find all the downloaded YouTube video and audio tracks in your Downloads folder unless you haven’t specified another location in Airy Preferences.
Elmedia Player: ultimate Mac iFunia alternative with fantastic extras
Elmedia Player is the next on our list of best alternatives to iFunia YouTube downloader for Mac. What distinguishes this program is its ability to download videos not only from YouTube but from other popular sites and social media platforms as well. Moreover, you can use Elmedia as your free multimedia player for various audio and video formats. Elmedia Player PRO is a good AirPlay receiver that is also capable to stream your music and movies via AirPlay.
So, take advantage of watching online videos with Elmedia Player and enjoy hassle-free downloading of video and audio content from YouTube in different formats (MP4, 3GP, WebM, FLV, MP3) with PRO version. Video and music playlist downloading is also supported.
Below are a few easy to follow steps to get YouTube videos downloaded with Elmedia PRO:
- Start with downloading Elmedia from Eltima’s official website. Activate its PRO version with the license code that is to be delivered immediately to your email after purchase.
- Enable browser mode: choose “Window” -> “Browser” in the main window.
- Paste the YouTube movie link and click “Enter”.
- After selecting the video from the list beneath it, click “Download”.
- Decide on a file format to save your clip. To export sound only, choose the available audio format in the Audio tab.
- All the downloaded media content is stored in the Downloads folder by default.
NotMP3’s Free Video Downloader
Video DownloadHelper – Browser based alternative
Video DownloadHelper is a browser add-on that provides functionality similar to iFunia free video downloader for Mac. Once installed, this extension can be used not only for downloading movies from the Internet but also for converting them to various formats. Video DownloadHelper offers manual and automatic video conversion.
To download videos with Video DownloadHelper, take the following steps:
- Visit addons.mozilla.org website and search for “Video DownloadHelper”. To install it, simply click the “Add to Firefox” button.
- Go to youtube.com and make sure the 3-balls icon in the Firefox browser toolbar is animated and has a number next to it.
- The fact Video DownloadHelper icon is colored indicates that there are movies on the webpage to be downloaded.
- Open the main panel by clicking on the icon. Remark: if you click outside the panel, it will be closed automatically.
- Click the item you’d like to download in the list. Change the video name or the download location in the newly opened dialog.
- Confirm and your file will be on your Mac in some time.
KeepVid – online alternative
KeepVid is a free web application for downloading YouTube videos. This intuitive and extremely easy to use online tool allows converting movie files into such popular formats as MP4, MOV, AVI, WMA, WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLV, and MPEG. Here’s how it works: you paste the webpage URL with the YouTube video you’d like to download into the textbox and click the “Download” button. KeepVid will immediately start fetching download links the particular webpage provides.