Sometimes the Apple watch users try to check for updates but cannot do so. It displays an error message “Unable to check for update Apple Watch”. This is a very common problem and can be solved easily. If you are also facing the same problem then this article has several solutions for this problem. These solutions will help you solve the problem. All of the things are explained in very simple terms.
The article is very detailed and has many information embedded which is very important for you. This problem can occur due to many reasons. We shall also look at these reasons so that you can target these problems separately and try solving your problem. There will be at least 10 methods to troubleshoot this problem. You can use the methods one by one until the problem gets solved. So without any further ado let us start the article.
How to Fix Unable to Check for Update Apple Watch Issue?
Below we shall be looking at some of the troubleshooting methods by which you can solve the problem. All of these methods are very much legit and are not at all risky to implement. So without any further ado let us look at the processes below.
1. Reset Network Settings
A lot of time, this problem arises due to some discrepancy in the network settings of your phone. In this subsection, we will see how you can rectify that setting. Improper settings can hinder the updates of your iPhone. Now let us see the procedure.
- First of all, go to the setting of your phone.
- After this click on general and select Reset.
- Then you have to go ahead and select “Reset network settings”.
- After this enter the passcode.
- After that click on Reset Network Settings and confirm.
Your iPhone will restart and now the settings will be rectified. You need to put the wifi password now and then reconnect it again. Now see if the problem is solved. Sometimes, you get a message that your smartwatch needs to be repaired. Next, we are going to see how to repair your smartphone.
2. Re-pair your Apple Watch
A lot of times, some bugs and malware programs interfere with the software of the Apple watch. Sometimes, you might be connecting to a transit card in the wallet app. Unpairing will help the Apple watch mend its software on its own. Below, is the procedure for unpairing.
- Firstly you have to keep your iPhone and Apple Watch at a very close distance.
- After that go ahead and tap on the watch app.
- After that go to the My watch tabs, then click on “all watches”.
- Then go ahead and click on the info tab where you want to unpair.
- No select on “Unpair Apple Watch” and click on it to confirm.
- Here you need to type your Apple ID and password.
After this, you must again re-pair your Apple watch with your phone. The above procedure was how you can unpair the Apple watch.
3. By Changing the Region
Sometimes the servers of certain countries do not perform properly, this is why it is recommended to change your location. This leads to the problem of being unable to check for updated apple watches. Below I will be talking about how you can change the region.
- First of all, go to the settings.
- After that choose the “general” option.
- Now the window of the “General” option will open and click on “Language and Region”.
- Click on the region and change it to some other country.
- Now again go ahead and pair the Apple Watch with iPhone.
This is another thing you can do when the Apple watch shows the update problem.
4. See if you have Ample Space
Sometimes you might not have enough space to install the updates. This is why you need to empty some space in your phone. You can follow the procedure below, to empty your phone.
- First of all launch the settings in your Apple watch.
- After that go ahead and click on general.
- You now go to the Usage option and click on it.
- Now details of the list of files consuming the number of memories will open up.
- You can now decide and delete the file you want.
Do take care of the memory space when you find a problem regarding updates.
5. Remove the Beta -profile
Beta software in your smartwatch can also interfere with its updates.
1. remove a Beta profile from your iPhone
The Beta software in your Apple watch has a lot of benefits for you and the company. But sometimes, it interferes with the update of your watch. Below, I am discussing how you can delete the Beta profile.
- First of all, go to the settings.
- Then go to the “General ” option.
- After this select “Profile and device management”.
- Select the Beta profile and then select “Remove profile”.
- You might also have to enter your passcode.
This is how you are supposed to remove Beta software from your iPhone.
2. Remove from Apple Watch App
To remove the beta software from the Apple watch. You should follow the procedure below.
- First of all, go to the Apple Watch app.
- Then go ahead and click on the “My watch” option.
- After that go ahead and click on the “general” option.
- Then go to the profile option.
- After this select the Beta profile and then tap on delete profile.
After this, you need to restart your device. Then you should check the Apple watch update once more. This time the problem should be solved.
6. Sign out of iCloud Account
If none of the above methods are working, you should go ahead and try signing out of your iCloud account. In this process, you need to do a hard reset. Below, I am discussing the procedure.
- Go to the settings of the iPhone.
- After this click on the name.
- then scroll down and click on sign out.
- After this click on the Apple ID password.
- Then click on turn off.
- After signing out, turn off your wifi for some time and again turn it on.
- Then switch off your watch and while doing that click on Erase all content and settings.
After you have done it, try repairing your watch once again.
7. Visit Apple Support Center
If nothing is working then you should take your watch to the nearest Apple support. Apple support people face several such problems every day so they will have a solution for it.
Also Read: How to Connect Airpods Without Case?
Hope this article helped you solve the problem of “unable to check for update apple watch”? You can try out these methods one by one until the problem in your phone is solved. If none of these are working, you can go to Apple support. They will solve your problem. With this, I end my article over here.